Personal Data Protection Act 2012
Berlin Best Invest takes a serious approach to playing its part in complying to the Singapore government’s ‘Personal Data Protection Act 2012’ or “PDPA”. This Act has come into effect as of 2 January 2013. We aim to keep ourselves in line with the government’s initiative of achieving a outstanding standard in the enforcement of data protection laws to regulate the flow of personal data amongst organisations in Singapore.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
What is Personal Data Protection Act?
The PDPA establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
The PDPA provides for the establishment of a national Do Not Call (DNC) Registry. The DNC Registry allows individuals to register their Singapore telephone numbers to opt out of receiving marketing phone calls, mobile text messages such as SMS or MMS, and faxes from organisations.
Some parts of the content above on PDPA are extracted from:
Readers may visit the government’s PDPC website for detail information and updates.
You may contact our Personal Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com for any enquiry.
1. Terms & Conditions
This website is owned and controlled by Berlin Best Invest. If you use this website you agree to the terms and conditions set out below. Berlin Best Invest is the brand name and belong to Global Collection Singapore Holding.
2. Copyright Notice
This website is owned and controlled by Berlin Best Invest. Unless otherwise noted, all information featured on the Berlin Best Invest website, (whether text or images), is protected by copyrights and trademarks, and is owned or licensed by Berlin Best Invest. You may not download, display or print any part of the content except to your own computer for your personal use and not for business purposes. You must not change frame or inline (mirror) any of the content of our website
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Berlin Best Invest harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising from and related to your use of the Site.
4. Contact Details
Please note that you are not required to provide any personal information to use this website. However, if you provide your contact details (name, address, telephone and fax number and e-mail address) these details will be used to provide any services which you have requested.
By entering your contact details you agree that we may also use them for the following purposes:
To incorporate into the Berlin Best Invest database.
To provide aggregate statistical information which may include personal information.
To provide you with information about our services.
Your contact details may be changed in the following way: [Details] You may at any time request us to remove your details from our computer data base or instruct us not to use the personal information which you have provided to us for any of the above purposes by notifying us by e-mail.
Berlin Best Invest will not be responsible and will not accept any liability whatsoever for any viruses which may infect your computer by reason of your use of or downloading of applications (including .exe applications) from this website.
Whilst reasonable care is taken to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time without notice. You must check these terms and conditions for changes each time you intend to use this website.
Berlin Best Invest provides this website on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it (including any text, graphics, advertisements, measurements, links or other item) and disclaims all such representations and warranties. Opinions expressed on this website are not statements of fact. In addition, neither we nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or give any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either express or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, suitability, fitness for purpose, completeness, or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free.
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you to provide targeted advertising services for our clients.
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to data that we collect when you visit the AdRoll website at www.adroll.com. To learn what data we collect when you visit our website, please visit the AdRoll Website Privacy Notice.
1. About AdRoll’s Services
AdRoll provides targeted advertising services for our advertiser clients (“Advertisers”). When you visit a website operated by an Advertiser or a third party site where we could serve an ad to you, we may collect some or all of the data described in the AdRoll Service Privacy Notice. Our platform uses that data as well as other data described below to help Advertisers provide ads to you that are more relevant to you.
For example, if you visit an Advertiser’s website and shop for running shoes, our Platform (or another platform we work with) may later serve you with targeted ads for the Advertiser’s brand of running shoes as you browse the internet or through other channels, such as emails.
2. What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Advertiser website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on the Advertiser’s website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping cart.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the Advertiser’s website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (“Advertising Partners”) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some Advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us, such as your “Customer ID” with an Advertiser or an identifier associated with a hashed (not readable) version of your email address. We may work with these Advertising Partners to synchronize their unique, anonymous identifiers to our own to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
- Email and Postal Addresses from Advertisers: Some Advertisers choose to share actual email addresses and postal addresses about their customers with us, so that (with the help of Advertising Partners) we can help the Advertiser serve targeted ads to customers. Also, we may assist an Advertiser with sending emails to customers (for instance, if the Advertiser is using our SendRoll service). We use the Advertiser’s supplied e-mail and postal addresses for the purpose of assisting that particular Advertiser.
- Hashed email addresses: If an Advertiser allows, we may collect hashed versions of the emails that are entered on that Advertiser’s site. These hashed emails are used as an additional identifier to help us better target ads for Advertisers, including across multiple devices or browsers.
- We use this data to help our Advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our Advertising Partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
3. Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you:
- With an Advertiser whose site you have visited: We may share information about how you have interacted with that Advertiser’s site or its Ads.
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With service providers to our Advertisers: Our Advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as Advertisers’ customer lists) for them.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of AdRoll, our Advertisers or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
We also share hashed email addresses (or other identifiers associated with those hashes), technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information with other third parties.
4. Cookies and related technologies
Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “__adroll”. We may also drop an additional AdRoll opt-out cookie if you opt-out as described below. We may also drop cookies from our Advertising Partners for the purposes described above. The Advertising Partner cookies dropped vary by Advertiser implementation.
5. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in many cases, we hold identifiable information only on behalf of our Advertiser clients, and we may instead direct you to contact them.
6. Data retention
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for 13 months, after which time we employ measures to de-identify the data by removing unique identifiers and truncating associated IP addresses.
Identifiable data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
8. International transfers
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws. For example, if we transfer your information from the European Economic Area to a country outside it, such as the United States, we will seek to take additional steps such as entering into EU compliant data transfer agreements with the data importer where necessary.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
10. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact email@example.com.